It's nice to meet you...

I welcome you to stop in from time to time to read, follow, and utterly enjoy my not-so-random ramblings. All in all, I understand that less is more and more is a bore. As such, I'll do my best to "tweet the deets" (twitter speak) in a reasonable manner.
You're more than welcome to contact me, leave a comment, or just silently lurk. If you have any suggestions or ideas, I'd love to hear from you!
Although I'm new to the world of cancer, I have undergone two surgeries and numerous visits with specialists. I read, research, and ask a TON of questions. If you have any questions of your own, or would like to talk, I'm more than willing to help.
Remember, this site is for those of us who are not Lance Armstrong...

Good day to you all, stay tuned!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Return of the warrior

In the event of a blogosphere hiatus such as that from yesterday, let's all assume that the ol' addage holds true. No news is good news.
As of yet, I have little been affected over the course of treatment. Yesterday, however, is a slight variant of the norm. As all things are I suppose. The acquisition of two doses of chemotherapy within one twenty-four hour period seems to be just a bit more than this man can solidly defend. Physically speaking, of course. In short, I was blasted. The tiredness was not of the describeable sort. Perhaps it's best to let it remain unsaid.
Today has been a progressive ride upwards, assuming all things are parabolic. To help alleviate the "Paul-shaped imprint" in my wife and I's mattress, her and I attended a registry completion party at Bed Bath and Beyond this afternoon. Not only did we recieve twenty-percent off of our complete purchase, we also scored big in the door prizes! Surely a token well worth our journey.
As I leave you all this evening, rest assured that this daily composure shall not go interrupted in it's sequence. If so, I will simply interrupt the interruption. In the mean time, my belly full of drive-thru chinese is starting to digest a bit. I feel that this shall be the litmus paper to which all sanitary restrictions shall be judged. Good luck Green Tree Chinese Drive-Thru.

3 comments:

  1. Mikkel and I are thinking and pulling for you, man! I was shocked to hear about all that you're going through. You sound like you're doing pretty darn well, all things considered. Keep lovin' that beautiful wife of yours. Keep up the great writing and eating as much as you can! You're a hoot! -Amber Kjelshus McBride

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to hear your voice this evening. I was really beginning to wonder if you were going to sleep the entire two and a half weeks until time to begin the chemo drip again. Fatigue can be a mean fantom, especially when it is exhasting you to even eat a meal. I am so looking forward to seeing for myself that you are doing as well as you claim. Oct 7...I will be Florida bound. Love to you and Amber. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you wrote today! I'm not joking when I say I refresh this page at least 5 times a day! I know I could just call you and talk to you myself but I admit, your writing is way better! So many people have told me you're an awesome writer and I do agree! I may be going to Florida with Ma on the 7th also. It just depends on whether I am serving in court or not. That's right, I got stupid jury duty in Ottawa. Wish me luck!
    Give my love to Amber and her parents! Keep writing. Love you Pauly!

    ReplyDelete