It's nice to meet you...

I welcome you to stop in from time to time to read, follow, and utterly enjoy my not-so-random ramblings. All in all, I understand that less is more and more is a bore. As such, I'll do my best to "tweet the deets" (twitter speak) in a reasonable manner.
You're more than welcome to contact me, leave a comment, or just silently lurk. If you have any suggestions or ideas, I'd love to hear from you!
Although I'm new to the world of cancer, I have undergone two surgeries and numerous visits with specialists. I read, research, and ask a TON of questions. If you have any questions of your own, or would like to talk, I'm more than willing to help.
Remember, this site is for those of us who are not Lance Armstrong...

Good day to you all, stay tuned!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bringin' The Heat

At approximately three-o'clock this afternoon, a fire will be lit. Metaphorically speaking of course.

My wife and I will sit for three hours this afternoon as I undergo the first of twenty chemotherapy sessions. For five consecutive days, the drugs will be administered through a port in my chest. Each session will last for three hours. After I finish the five treatments, I will have two and a half weeks of recovery. This process will be repeated four times.
People often ask me If I'm scared or nervous. Quite simply, No. I've done my research. I have a general idea what to expect. Although I'm in a precarious situation, the thrill of victory is always sweeter than the sweetest sour.

I will post an update this evening that details the afternoon's events...

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say I am glad you and your wife are being strong and positive. I will keep you both in my prayers. Good luck.

    Kristina Eggleston(Leiker)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul. I just heard at the fair that you have cancer. I can't even believe it, but what is so impressive is your attitude about it! Your post is so impressive and inspiring. What a competitor! I'm already more inspired by you that I ever was with lance armstrong! I'll say my prayers for you and keep up the amazing strength!
    Heather Gillespie

    ReplyDelete