It's nice to meet you...

I welcome you to stop in from time to time to read, follow, and utterly enjoy my not-so-random ramblings. All in all, I understand that less is more and more is a bore. As such, I'll do my best to "tweet the deets" (twitter speak) in a reasonable manner.
You're more than welcome to contact me, leave a comment, or just silently lurk. If you have any suggestions or ideas, I'd love to hear from you!
Although I'm new to the world of cancer, I have undergone two surgeries and numerous visits with specialists. I read, research, and ask a TON of questions. If you have any questions of your own, or would like to talk, I'm more than willing to help.
Remember, this site is for those of us who are not Lance Armstrong...

Good day to you all, stay tuned!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Allow me to amaze thee



Welcome back to the exciting world of the blog!! Tonight's report promises to be full of entertaining ramblings.

First of all, chemotherapy isn't at all as horrific as the images conjurred forth in our relentless subconcious. Amber snapped this doozie on day number one. The contraption to my right pumps the magic juice. All the while, I relax in the supple luxuriousness of a blue vinyl recliner. You'll also notice the slight tan-lined glow of my face. Prior to this particular day, I delivered a serious beatdown to Amber's dad, her brother, and my friend Pat on the golfcourse. It was fitting final-round play of the beloved King Cobra SS irons. I left them in my truck overnight, only to find them gone the next morning. As with my golf clubs, my gps and ipods met the same fate.

Fast-forward to today's experience. I am still rather unaffected by the large amounts of medicine being dumped into my semingly endless urine supply. I did, however, dabble in the medicine bag last night. As luck would have it, I have been supplied with a sleeping pill. This is the single contributing factor to last night's abbreviated post.

Today's trip to the hospital themed resort was more than memorable. Before I start, let me say one thing. I do not intend to make fun of anyone or exploit the falicies of others. I will however, state the facts from the completing day.

While sitting in the chemo room, the lady to my right had a bowel movement ALL OVER her chair. That's it. Obviously it was foul-odored, but sometimes you gotta go when you gotta go.

Amber and I were also fortunate to have enjoyed an in-seat massage from a massage therapist. Sometimes the pleasures of massage can completely overshadow any other stimuli present at the time.
I try not to embarrass my wife in this blog, but sometimes it's unavoidable. She is the single most wonderful person I know. As much as she hates the whole situation, she has always been at my side, putting herself second when she should be number one.
Good night all, you'll be further enlightened tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. First of all let me say, WOW! A lady poo-ed in the chair next to you? I know you mentioned that just for me! (don't worry I'm not expecting a picture)
    So when Ma told me your truck got broken into, all I said was "of course it did" I was not the least bit shocked. Did I not just get done telling you in Connecticut that you have the worst luck EVER? Now do you believe me that the most odd things happen to you? Hello...robbery AND poo all over?!?! LOL
    One last note, what did I tell you bout them sleeping pills? Eh? EH??
    I tried calling but no response! Call a sista yo! Love you Amber! Love you Pauly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo sucka, Mark here, just droppin by to catch any updates... just incase the hair jumps ship, let it go. I always say bad sunburns are necessary to rid the body of the weak skin. Chemo does the same to the weak hair. Remember, survival of the fittest. Besides, I was bald for a few months, if it comes to that, make sure to rock the 'hawk while u can! Later

    ReplyDelete